[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Webclient: application with Telerik controls => Could not load file or assembly error

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DenDuze

I have some screens with Telerik controls on it (example radGridview). This works fine in development but when we deploy the application (WebClient) then I get the error 'Could not load file or assembly ...'. The assemblies.xml is located in the root of my application The Telerik dll's are also located in the root of my application The version of the dll's are the same as the ones in the assemblies.xml and also the same as the ones I compiled my code with. I've activated the binding-logging (somewhat the same as fuslogvw.exe) but it's not clear to me how this works. I've only activated the logging with LogFailures-, LogResourceBinds-flag and LogPath (so no ForceLog-flag is used) When I start my application I get a directory 'Default' under my LogPath. Under that 'Default'-directory there are 2 directories created (prowc.exe and OE Application) When I look to the prowc.exe directory (progress webclient) I see a file for that RadGridView what means that there is a problem there - the problem is that the file could not be found because this searches the webclient\11.7\bin directory and my dll-file is not located there - so that is normal (I guess) When I look at the OE application directory I can not find a file with RadGridView whatt means that the dll-file is found (in my application directory) - What is correct (I have verified that with the ForceLog-flag). But when I run the specific screen in my application I still get the error "Could not load file or assembly ...." so I guess the binding of the prowc.exe occurs. Why is that? Isn't there some way to use the binding of the OE Application. Probably some things I wrote here are not clear but I really do not understand how this works - far from how I can solve this. I already tried to read the Microsoft Docs regarding this binding but again that is not clear to me. Can someone help with this? When I put the dll under the webclient\11.7\bin then everything works (uses the prowc.exe binding) but we do not want to do that. How can I fix this in a webclient installation? Regards Didier

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.