Cannot connect to Admin Server from Progress Explorer

Guys,
I am on OE 10.1C.

I cannot connect to the Admin Server as root on Progress Explorer. I get "Unable to connect to Admin Server. Ensure Admin Server is running (8336).

proadsv -query shows that it is running. I have the correct hostname.

I am also having an issue with my broker gettting properly registered with my name server. I mention as it might be related. Once I query my broker, then it shows as registered, but with the loopback ip of 127.0.0.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks

RealHeavyDude

Are the Admin Server and the Progress exploder running on the same machine using the same installation of OpenEdge?

I am asking because if they are not you need to be exactly on the same patch level in order to have this work. As you don't say anything about the platform the Admin Server is running on I can only tell you, that, if it is Linux you might have a look at your /etc/host file. There is a KB article about it, but, in a nutshell, in the hosts file the IP address may only be mapped to exactly one host name for the Admin Server to work correctly.
As for the AppServer / WebSpeed Broker not registering as you want it at the Name Server: You need to configure the hostname property in the ubroker.properties file for that instance correctly to point to whatever alias you need. If you are using SSL and clients using a DNS alias you need to set this property to the DNS alias the clients and use that DNS alias in the SSL server certificate because otherwise you will get connection errors stating that the label in the SSL server certificate is not matching the client's request ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.