Unable to connect with Solix database archiver.

Mike

Hi Tom and Team,

Progress version:- 9.1d
OS version:-
HP-UX hkiad1 B.11.31 U ia64 3563221874 unlimited-user license

There is an application Solix that is use archiving database from db trying to connect but throwing error.
To connect I did below steps: -
1: - I login with root user that we usually do mpro dbname and go to admin and security and create a user database and give password.
2: - I started secondary broker like :- $DLC/bin/_mprosrv /db1/dbtest/pring -m3 -S pring-l -ServerType SQL
3: - given a port in /etc/services file with pring-l 4003/tcp
4: - I have given to the Solix team, but they are getting error:- below
Unable to connect to specified database. Please verify detail.

Solix detail they are entering: -

Source : pring
Name:-Source
Connection type:- JDBC
Instance name pring
Database password: db password that i create db level user.

target

Database: progress version 9.x
IP address od server: Ip address
Database user: test ( that i create db level in mpro db name > data dictionary > security> add user and password
Database Port Number:

Last edited:

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Giving us the actual error would be a very good place to start.

Mike

• see in DB log file :- 23:21:00 BROKER 1: SQL server process terminated. (8841) 23:32:16 BROKER 1: SQL server process terminated. (8841)

• Inserting /progress9/dlc/bin to beginning of path and the current directory is /progress9/wrk.
  • PROGRESS Version 9.1D05 as of Mon Feb 3 12:12:52 EST 2003 proenv>sqlexp -user test -password test -db /db1/dbtest/pring -S pring-l PROGRESS Version 9.1D05 as of Mon Feb 3 12:12:52 EST 2003 Connecting user "test" to URL "jdbc:jdbcprogress:T:localhost:singapor-l pring"... (8920) null proenv>

cj_brandt

I wouldn't use a solution that required sql on a progress 9.x database. If you are returning a few records from a simple select statement, it might be OK, but if you try to join a table or return more than a few records it will not be reliable. We decided to export the records in a csv file and then bulk load the data into a SQL database when we needed to run SQL queries against our data. I don't remember enough about sqlexp and 9.x to offer any help in debugging.