SOAP Fault

dclyde

Hi,

I'm testing the web service for the first time and getting a SOAP error message while running my application.

I can connect to the WSA through my 4gl application but when i try and call a procedure i get the following error.

"Web service operation add generated a SOAP Fault. SOAP faultstring is: An error was detected while executing the Web Service request. (10893) (11506)"

Where "add" is the procedure name.

I tried a number of kb articles but cannot resolve the error. I'm not even sure if the error is coming from the client or server side.

Any help would be appreciated. if you need any further inforamtion let me know and I'll post it up.

Thanks
Damian

DevTeam

Hi,

Did you try and "check the ERROR-OBJECT-DETAIL attribute of the ERROR-STATUS handle for more information about the SOAP Fault" ?

mantonelli

Hi, Damian.

Do you remember what you did to solve this problem?

I´ve checked the ERROR-OBJECT-DETAIL but it only shows me the error code 10893.

Thanks,
Matheus.

GregTomkins

Am I the only one that finds it entirely in character that SOAP requires a gigantic string of largely repetitive and redundant text to tell you nothing more helpful than that some generic error occurred?

redsuitee

I got this error message :
Web Service operation ReadRQ generated a SOAP Fault. SOAP faulstring is: Could not validate the schema: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a.: Invalid content was found starting with element 'HotelReadRequest'. One of '{"http://www/opentravel.org/OTA/2003/05":HotelReadRequest}' is expected.

What is it mean? In spite of, I have put the HotelReadRequest element. So anybody can tell me why?
thanks