Error Java open client Getting error while connecting to Progress Name Server

chandukarla

Hello Guys,

We have a Insurance application where business logic written in progress 4GL and UI is in Java. I am using progress 10.2B version.

Recently Java calls to progress name server are getting failed with below error message.

:::Error in VPASHandler::::Connect Failure: Timeout or Interrupt occurred while attempting to communicate with NameServer. (8231)
Open4GLException in Generic Commit Handler for service request id XYZ com.progress.open4gl.NameServerInterruptException: Connect Failure: Timeout or Interrupt occurred while attempting to communicate with NameServer. (8231)

I have verified the Nameserver and application brokers, but Nameserver and application brokers are up and serving other requests. This error is coming only for few requests. For example, If Java sends 10 requests, then 4-5 requests are getting failed due to above error and other requests are fine.

appserver.url=AppServer://222.22.2.2:22222/abcd (Java is using this url, have given dummy ip for security purpose).

Is there any issue with the Nameserver load balancer? If yes, how can i check that?

I am confused that this error is from Java side (unhandled exception) or this should be checked from progress end.

Please share your thoughts to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

chandukarla

Hello Guys,

We have a Insurance application where business logic written in progress 4GL and UI is in Java. I am using progress 10.2B version.

Recently Java calls to progress name server are getting failed with below error message.

:::Error in VPASHandler::::Connect Failure: Timeout or Interrupt occurred while attempting to communicate with NameServer. (8231)
Open4GLException in Generic Commit Handler for service request id XYZ com.progress.open4gl.NameServerInterruptException: Connect Failure: Timeout or Interrupt occurred while attempting to communicate with NameServer. (8231)

I have verified the Nameserver and application brokers, but Nameserver and application brokers are up and serving other requests. This error is coming only for few requests. For example, If Java sends 10 requests, then 4-5 requests are getting failed due to above error and other requests are fine.

appserver.url=AppServer://222.22.2.2:22222/abcd (Java is using this url, have given dummy ip for security purpose).

Is there any issue with the Nameserver load balancer? If yes, how can i check that?

I am confused that this error is from Java side (unhandled exception) or this should be checked from progress end.

Please share your thoughts to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.
Please help me in resolving this issue.