OUTPUT TO PRINTER issue

I have a piece of software that I wrote to print labels. It works fine for me, however, I have an issue with a customer that is really bugging me.

Specs:
Progress 11.5 64-bit
Windows 2012 Server (VM on Linux machine - VMWare)
Printer is Zebra Label Printer connected on workstation ScottW7 using USB and shared as EDIUSB.

printername = "//ScottW7/EDIUSB".
output to printer value(printername).

put unformatted "this is a test".

output close.

Printer works in Windows, but not in Progress. The print jobs do not even hit print queue and there are no errors (so it must be finding the printer).

Is there any reason why Progress would be the culprit. It is getting blamed and I cannot see how.

If not Progress, is this behavior that is familiar to anyone? I was not able to find by internet search.

Regards,
David Langschied

Thank you so much for the quick response!

I did make sure that I added printer through control panel. I also am not getting an error, which puts in the strange category.

In your mind, is there any way that this is Progress related (.i.e. bad install)? I want to fix this for sure, but I also don't want for Progress to take the fall for some sneaky Windows undocumented feature.

Regards,
David

TheMadDBA

Nothing with a bad install should be causing this. But printing to network shares on Progress is always problematic.

What happens when you use OUTPUT TO instead of OUTPUT TO PRINTER?