ODBC and triggers

popsin

Hi,

I have progress 9.1b database on UNIX server.
An old 4GL application is connecting on that DB from a PC.

Now, I want to make an ASP application that connects on that same DB but from another PC which is our Web server.

I am using OpenLink Lite ODBC driver (version 4.2) to connect from web server. Reading data works fine but I have problem when I want to create new record. It throws the following error:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[OpenLink][ODBC][Progress Server]** "/v/imanet/sw/triggers/w_logcase.p" was not found. (293)

The 4GL application has this procedure in "C:/appls/swmaster9/triggers" directory, and 4GL application starts in "C:/appls/swmaster9" on that computer, so 4GL application can find triggers.

But my ASP application and ODBC driver can't find this triggers.
I have copied that triggers on UNIX server in "v/imanet/sw/triggers" directory and added "-trig v/imanet/sw/triggers" parameter in ODBC configuration but it still can not find it.

Can anybody help me with this, please?
Any ideas?

Sinisa

abdul

Sinisa
ESQL clients cannot compile 4GL code, but can cause database schema trigger procedures to run when executing SQL statements. For this reason, the trigger code defined in the database schema needs to be compiled and referenced as a .r.
The .r file must reside on the system where the database broker is installed and relies on the PROPATH environment variable.

hope this helps.
Regards
Abdul

popsin said:
Hi,

I have progress 9.1b database on UNIX server.
An old 4GL application is connecting on that DB from a PC.

Now, I want to make an ASP application that connects on that same DB but from another PC which is our Web server.

I am using OpenLink Lite ODBC driver (version 4.2) to connect from web server. Reading data works fine but I have problem when I want to create new record. It throws the following error:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[OpenLink][ODBC][Progress Server]** "/v/imanet/sw/triggers/w_logcase.p" was not found. (293)

The 4GL application has this procedure in "C:/appls/swmaster9/triggers" directory, and 4GL application starts in "C:/appls/swmaster9" on that computer, so 4GL application can find triggers.

But my ASP application and ODBC driver can't find this triggers.
I have copied that triggers on UNIX server in "v/imanet/sw/triggers" directory and added "-trig v/imanet/sw/triggers" parameter in ODBC configuration but it still can not find it.

Can anybody help me with this, please?
Any ideas?

Sinisa

jesumathews

Help!!!

Hi,

My Name is Jesu Mathews. Iam working for Proteans Software. I had some doubt on Openedge. Can you help me.

warm regards,
Jesu Mathews

hwilliams62

Hi

Came across this old posting to which their has been no response from OpenLink. Should this problem still require a solution, the following Knoweldge base article details how Progress Triggers can be access using the Tableview feature of our Progress SQL-89 (4GL) Drivers:

http://support.openlinksw.com/opie/kbase/245

Product Support
OpenLink Software

and_coqueiro

I have a similar problem with the "Progress OpenEdge 10.1B Driver".
A trigger was created for the "WRITE" and "CREATE" events of a table. When I insert a register into the Progress, the trigger is raised. But when I do the same through the ODBC the trigger isn't raised in spite of the register be inserted.
I have no idea what to do.
Coud someone help me, please?
Thank you

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
You have to write your own (java) triggers for sql92. The thread, which is already very old, is about sql89 drivers.

For more information see the sql92 reference quide.

Casper.