Resolved Getting error messages (9102 and 9082) while printing an xml file. Hw to resolve it ??

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Please can you repost that with the [code][/code] tags around your source because that's almost impossible to read :)

Stefan

And use the debugger to trap which line is causing the error so that you can see which arguments you are supplying to which method which is causing the error.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
This procedure accepts no parameters and appears to create XML using the DOM based on the contents of several temp-tables (I'm inferring that they are temp-tables from the "tt" prefix.)

These temp-tables are of unknown size.

A sub-procedure is called but we don't have that code.

No visible attempt is made to clean up the widgets which get created along the way.

The combination of DOM and poor memory management is a recipe for various out of memory errors. Such as those described.

I would do as Stefan suggests and identify the particular line which is failing. Additionally I would add some debugging to log the size of the temp-tables and determine if the error is related to the amount of data being processed. Because you are not cleaning up your handles that may be a cumulative thing -- rather than being related to the size of any one temp-table it could be related to the total amount of stuff processed over the life of the session.

Stefan

Great tip Cringer... the code tags showed up all the interesting copy / paste formatting ;-)

venkatesh

This procedure accepts no parameters and appears to create XML using the DOM based on the contents of several temp-tables (I'm inferring that they are temp-tables from the "tt" prefix.)

These temp-tables are of unknown size.

A sub-procedure is called but we don't have that code.

No visible attempt is made to clean up the widgets which get created along the way.

The combination of DOM and poor memory management is a recipe for various out of memory errors. Such as those described.

I would do as Stefan suggests and identify the particular line which is failing. Additionally I would add some debugging to log the size of the temp-tables and determine if the error is related to the amount of data being processed. Because you are not cleaning up your handles that may be a cumulative thing -- rather than being related to the size of any one temp-table it could be related to the total amount of stuff processed over the life of the session.

Yeah debugging was helpful :)