Version upgrade

Hi All,

I have upgraded my db to openedge 10.2b from 9.1E.
Now i want to start Admin server .
/proadsv -start gives below message.
Port #### is already in use. Please specify an alternate port with the -port argument.

I know it may be a silly question but in which file should i change the -port parameter .
I believe its not /etc/services files.

operating system is solaris sparc .
earlier version 9.1e.

Waiting for ur replies......

mdj

Hi AbhayShukla,

you can try adding the parameter -adminport and -port when running proadsv.

proadsv -start -adminport 91932 -port 9999

you can also modify the proadsv script inside $DLC/bin to add the parameters

Stefan

Adjust $DLC/properties/AdminServerPlugins.properties file, section [PluginPolicy.Progress.AdminServer] and add:

port=20932
adminport=7836

Hi,
Thanks to MDJ and stefan for ur quick responses.
I tried second option ie. modifying $DLC/properties/AdminServerPlugins.properties .
It worked.
However i have some questions.
1. Is 20931 and 7836 default value for -port and -adminport parameters.
2. If i have explicitily given new values to them,will there be more changes required at Application or DB end.

Please asist furthur.

Stefan

Hi,
1. Is 20931 and 7836 default value for -port and -adminport parameters.

20931 is the default port for the AdminServer, 783something is the default port for the port that is used for controlling the databases.

Hi,
2. If i have explicitily given new values to them,will there be more changes required at Application or DB end.

The default NameServer NS1 is also setup with port 5162, if you are doing anything with AppServers / WebSpeed you will need to provide a new port.
You will also need to adjust the port number for your database if you intend to run both versions side by side.

You may also be interested in my Linux startup script (http://communities.progress.com/pcom/thread/34966?tstart=0)

Stefan,

I have started Adminserver with new port and admin port.
The issue is if i give any wtbman or nsman command it says not able to find name admin server at 20931 port which was earlier used.
Can you assist ?

below Error :
Connecting to Progress AdminServer using rmi://localhost:20931/Chimera (8280)
Unable to connect to Progress AdminServer at rmi://localhost:20931/Chimera (8287)

Stefan

Stefan,

I have started Adminserver with new port and admin port.
The issue is if i give any wtbman or nsman command it says not able to find name admin server at 20931 port which was earlier used.
Can you assist ?

Unfortunately wtbman and nsman do not use the port from the plugin.properties and you will need to either provide -port 20932 on the command line or modify the wtbman / nsman scripts.