Loading df-Files at run time?

tinoromer

I'm creating an empty Database with "CREATE DATABASE 'myDB':U FROM 'empty:U replace. "

No problem, that's working fine, but HOW can I load a df-File after creation of this empty database?

bendaluz2

Do this:

CREATE ALIAS DICTDB FOR DATABASE &ltyour database&gt.

RUN prodict\load_df.p
(&ltdf file&gt).

however, if it is a runtime client, you may not have the required files on the local machine. To remedy this, you will need to copy them from a development licensed machine, though this is probably violating the license.

The files you need are:

$DLC/src/prodict/load_df.r
$DLC/src/prodict/dump/_lodsddl.r
$DLC/src/prodict/dump/_lodv5df.r

Hope this helps :)

tinoromer

Wow! thanks. It works fine.

Is there a funktion or a procedure to create a df-file at run time? In progress help are just informations about df-file creation
with the Data Administration.
Or do you know where I can find more Infos about data admin. with source code?

bendaluz2

Do this

<code>
CREATE ALIAS DICTDB FOR DATABASE &lt your database &gt.
RUN prodict\dump_df.p
"ALL" OR &lt Table Name &gt,
&lt df file &gt,
"iso8859-1").
</code>

Again, you will need supporting files:

$DLC/src/prodict/dump_df.r
$DLC/src/prodict/dump/_dmpsddl.r

Dont think there is any documentation about all this, I just worked through the source code in $DLC/src

tinoromer

me again...

Thank you again :)

It's all working but one little thing:
While my program works, it shows "Dump Data Definitions" and gives me a message "Dump of definitions completed".
And then it's loading Data Definitions. (without message at the end.)

Whell, that looks great! But as I looked into the database I was very surprised: there where no tables created. (df-file was created.)

So I looked for the files I shoud have: I did not found anything. But why progress gives me no warning, when the files does not exist and creates the df-file? very strangely...

thanks a lot for your help!

greetings from switzerland:)

bendaluz2

If you want to get rid of all the messages and display while it dumps and loads, you will have to edit the programs yourself and take out all the message statements - I couldnt be bothered to do this in the end and just live with the messages.

I am not sure what you mean by the last bit. presumably, you are trying to replicate a database without using the data dictionary, so you are dumping, creating a database and loading. Which stage does it have a problem at?