AI Roll Forward and Recid

RealHeavyDude

Actually I would say chances are that you will get the same RECIDs but I would also say that there is no absolutely no guarantee.

None of you application should rely on the fact that a specific database record has a specific RECID. If it does it is worst practice because from the application you have absolutely no control over the RECID a database records gets assigned ( the database block / slot it gets put into ).

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
After-imaging does preserve recids.

But, to paraphrase RHD, if you're doing something that is making you wonder about that then you are on the road to hell. And if the knowledge that ai preserves recids comforts you in any way then you need to slam on the brakes and turn around now!

ruan007

Thank you for the reply. I can't agree more with what you emphasized. The application we inherited used recid as a link between tables, which is really bad. everytime when we do a dump and load, we have to refresh the linked tables. We recently had the database corrupted, which needed to be restored from a backup and rolled forward all the AI's since the backup. Just wasn't sure if the rollforward preserves the recid or we needed to refresh the tables.

Ta