U.s.a ?????????????

Matthew_pope

Hi there, I am currently in the process of immigrating to the USA with my wife and should be there in the next month or so. But I am finding it hard to establish were I should look for work (Progress Developer). Atlanta/Dallas/Ohio/NY/CA seem to be some of the hotspots - but what about when it come to Quality/Cost of living/People. Any advice would be a great help,as I wanna get straight back into work when I arrive.
Thanks Matthew

Steve64

California and NY are the best, though the cost of living is much higher compared to other states you mentioned. Finding a job should be your main criteria though. It's not easy anymore.

Matthew_pope

Thanks Steve - much apprecaited. Where abouts are you working at present? From the research I have done Califonia and New York are definately big places to work for a single guy, but I am bringing my family along - and looking at the house prices there - it's pretty mad. Do you know of anyone working down south - North Carolina/Texas/Georgia? That seems to be good - but I have watched so much Jerry Springer and Rikki Lake it scares me - HAHAHA

Steve64

Yes, there are a ton of people working in Georgia, Texas and those places are more economical. I am in Los Angeles. I am not sure though how you are planning your move.