SQLServer 2008R2 to Progress OpenEdge10.2

Mark2457

Hi Guys

We just acquired a company that has some apps running on Progress. We're a Microsoft shop and need to query the data from SQL server (in the short term). We have the following ODBC drivers installed on SQLServer, but they don't show up when I try to add a link server, or as a provider under linked servers:

32-bit
32-bit ODBC.png

64-bit
64-bit ODBC.png

When I go to Linked Servers, I see:

Linked Servers.jpg

Can someone point me in right direction?

Thanks

Mark

sql92

Start with creating a data source under System DSN in "ODBC Data Source Administrator". When done and you can successfully test the ODBC connection, add a linked server with Provider="Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers", Provider String="DSN=<name of the System DSN>;password=<...>"

preetha

Hi,

We have installed openedge progress driver 10.2B driver . We have some 20 DSNs created and it was working fine with linked server in sql 2008R2 database.
But for the past last week, if we create a new DSN and connect using linked server, the SQL server crashes. I found on internet that this can happen if there are issues with progress drivers, not sure though. Can any one help me in fixing this?

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
What do the various log files say?

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I found on internet that this can happen if there are issues with progress drivers
Can you be more specific? Maybe provide a link or an explanation of this?

Given that your problem has only surfaced in the last week, which presumably means things were working fine before that (with the same drivers?) I think it is unlikely that your issue is caused by a systemic flaw in Progress software. Ask yourself: what changed in my environment in the last week?