SAX writer output to FILE and LONGCHAR

Hello all,
I am using SAX WRITER for creating an XML document.
I first need to SET-OUTPUT DESTINATION to LONGCHAR as i am using this variable for posting the request through SOAP.

If i want to save the same object to file is am using one SET OUPUT DESTINATION statement to file when document is completing. It is not storing the XML into file. Am i missing something.
Can i use LONGCHAR to save into file.

Marian EDU

Hello all,
I am using SAX WRITER for creating an XML document.
I first need to SET-OUTPUT DESTINATION to LONGCHAR as i am using this variable for posting the request through SOAP.

If i want to save the same object to file is am using one SET OUPUT DESTINATION statement to file when document is completing. It is not storing the XML into file. Am i missing something.
Can i use LONGCHAR to save into file.

definitively your only option at that point is to save the longchar to file (copy-lob)... sax unlike dom is not holding the document in memory but streams it to the output every time you feed something into it.

Thank You for your response . I sorted it out now.
Is there any specific reason SAX doesn't hold the document in memory? (Just curious).
Appreciate your help on above.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
It doesn't because that is the design. DOM is limited in the size of document it can process because it all has to be in memory. SAX isn't because it doesn't.