Error Report Builder Error: Promsgs Msgopen

AlexTheDroog

Background

I have 2 terminals servers that have the same GPO polices enforced on them. One is a 2003 server 32 Bit and the other is a 2008 server 32 bit. There are running Vantage 6.1 with Progress 9.1D. The 2003 server is an all-in-one test server that has the application, and database on the terminal server. The 2008 is a production server that just has the application. Both production and test servers have some shared reports that are pulled from mapped drives (from a windows 2000 server which is also the database server for production 2008 server). When I (a domain admin) log into either the 2003 or 2008 and run reports there is no issue. When one of the regular RDP users logs in on the 2008 server they can run the reports but not in the 2003. If I log in to the 2003 with my account then they log into the application (Vantage) with their account they can run the reports. I have a feeling its something to do with the mapped drives. If the user goes to "My Computer" on the 2003 server they can see and access the drives. However when they do a search for the files they cannot access, it will not pick up the mapped drives automatically unless they explicitly point to them. I have a feeling that this may be the issue in that the application is for some reason not seeing these drives when the regular users are logged in. I checked the Terminal Server Configuration Client settings and they seem to match up with the 2008 server.I even removed the user from the restrictive GPO and added as a local admin on the server but he still had the issue.

Error Message

Unable to initialize the database engine: msgOpen: unable to open message file:pROMSGS msgOpen: unable to open the message file: PROMSGS. Termination Report Builder.

Info (I located these but couldn't figure out what to do with them)

Progress KB - Client connections unable to open message file:PROMSGS.
Progress KB - Unable to open message file: PROMSGS when trying to run ABL client or WebClient using an ini file
Progress KB - msgopen: unable to open message file: PROMSGS when starting any session in new installation of OpenEdge