[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Partial ProBindingSouce Assign when values in "nested" combo boxes are not chosen manua

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laura Stern

When Assign() is called, we only do the assignment operation if we think that the value of the field has been modified. I'm guessing that it does not think the field has been modified. But it is hard to know if that's correct because I'm not clear on the set up. If you change the value for the top combo box, that would change the value of the bound field in the current top-level buffer. That should not modify which children are shown, since we are still looking at the same top-level record. In any case, if the field from a different child is shown, the bound field of that child has NOT in fact been modified. It is just newly showing up on the screen. It would help me if you could give a more specific example. You can narrow it down to just 2 or 3 of the combos for simplicity and tell me what table/field is being displayed in each. And also say what value is currently in the child field and what you expect to be there after the ASSIGN happens.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.