[Progress News] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Meet Dmitrijs Bazajevs, Senior Account Manager at Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jessica Kent

Today, we shine a spotlight on Dmitrijs Bazajevs, who has been recognized for “Progress Collaboratively,” one of the ProgressPROUD core values we strive to embody every day.

As a Senior Account Manager at Progress, Dmitrijs Bazajevs serves as the liaison between Progress and our customers. However, there is more to the equation—Dmitrijs frequently works with people at Progress and beyond to meet customers’ needs and solve their problems. The best part? He genuinely enjoys both the people he works with and the job that he does.

Learn more about Dmitrijs in the interview below.

How did you get into the tech field? What brought you to where you are today?​

It happened by chance. One of my university friends introduced me to his business associate who had a medium systems integration company in the telecommunications field. I reached out to him after coming back from my semester abroad, not expecting anything major. What followed was over ten years of intense work with innovative, high-tech solutions in the broadcasting and telecommunications industry. Projects spanned the entire globe. I ended up in Bulgaria overseeing a nationwide digital broadcasting network implementation.

After the project was done, I started looking for a new challenge where I could further improve my skills, which led me to Progress. Here, I’m responsible for key DX accounts.

How do collaboration and teamwork factor into your day-to-day work?​

It is very rare that any project can be done by me alone. Most projects require daily collaboration with people both within and outside of Progress, where we have to unravel a complex web of interdependencies covering all aspects: solution design, presentation, order processing, legal review, customer success and support. I am very grateful for the people I work with who always go above and beyond to support me and our customers. Without this support it would be very daunting to get the job done. When all is said and done, we don’t forget to have fun as well.

What is your favorite part of your job right now?​

Seeing how customers’ problems are solved after adopting our solutions. It really makes a difference when you understand that people’s lives have become a little easier. Another great perk is the opportunity to meet people of different cultures—you can always learn something new and widen your perspective.

What do you think makes Progress a great company?​

Definitely the people, for all the reasons I mentioned above. People are the most important asset; I think that’s true for any business. It seems Progress has the formula for how to attract and retain great talent.

When you’re not working, what do you like to do?​

I spend most of my time with my wife and two kids. Whenever I get some free time I go for a run, hike or go skiing.

If you weren’t doing the job you have now, what do you think you’d be doing?​

I enjoy analyzing data and finding patterns and correlations. I guess I would be a data analyst.

What are you most excited about for the future of Progress?​

While there is some amazing innovation inside the company, the fact that part of Progress’ growth strategy includes acquisitions means that there is always a great new product or solution to look forward to.

To get to know other Progressers like Dmitrijs, read more of our employee interviews here.

JOIN OUR TEAM!

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.