[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Asynchronous UI with stateless appserver

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laura Stern

1. The example that you site shows the syntax of the operation. But you should never write code this way. You already have a WAIT-FOR in effect for the GUI. You do NOT want another one. You should do the asynchronous RUN and just return back to the UI. When the response comes in, the one WAIT-FOR you already have will detect it and process it by running your PROCEDURE-COMPLETE event (which obviously has to be in scope, i.e., in a persistent procedure). I think this doc should be fixed to explain that in a real application you would not have a WAIT-FOR statement there. I think that will take care of your first bullet. There will be no WAIT-FOR when you do the async RUN, so it won't interrupt anything. 2. I believe your 2nd & 3rd bullets are correct. You will have to look to others for advice on that. 3. You should not get any error or STOP condition because you've run more than 1 async request. If the server is busy, they will get queued up. If you can say specifically what error message you are getting, I might be able to be more helpful.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.