[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Any health check for the sonicMQ adapter that is running on PASOE server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Thanks, I think the design of that IDEAS forum is being revisited. I may use it again once that happens. As it is now, I already have some ideas out there that are a higher priority and I don't want to muddy the water. I suppose other customers or partners will run into this at some point on PASOE.... And maybe the reliability issues will be addressed at that time. I also suspect that most customers running PASOE on windows are probably not using the Progress "ubroker generic adapter" at all. I suspect they are making use of the CLR-Bridge to connect directly to a messaging broker via stomp or an AMQP assembly or an NMS assembly. We may abandon the "generic adapter". I'm happy this "generic adapter" component was enabled for use by PASOE sessions, since it simplified our migration, but it seems to have been an afterthought. (The configuration of it was pretty irregular. Our configuration of that on our appserver hosts is still not 100% right. For example, we don't see it in the OEE console even though all the adaptman commands work fine. But this is another story. ) I have also contacted tech support. We have gathered the details about a specific example where the brokerconnect adapter became hung and caused the connected clients to keep their record locks for an afternoon.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.