[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Generic JMS Adapter - Lifecycle Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Where is the generic JMS adapter in terms of its lifecycle? Is it continuing to get any development effort? In particular I'm thinking of the "brokerconnect" mode of the adapter. For example I have persistent issues while using the JMS adapter from a PASOE/tomcat host. (There are concurrency issues and OEE management/licensing issues)... JMS generic client stuck since yesterday. - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community Sonic/generic "adapter" not showing up in OEE - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community I believe the support of "brokerconnect" on a PASOE server is relatively recent (based some KB's that I've read). But I think Progress is currently committed to it , especially since there are not any great alternatives for doing messaging . However my experience with this adapter on PASOE servers haven't been great. It seems that ongoing development in it may have stalled. It seems possible that this adapter thing may become deprecated altogether some day (just like "classic" appserver). I wonder if there is something new that will replace this adapter? Or maybe some of the code will be reincarnated within PASOE/tomcat itself, and will support being hosted in a docker container? (And taking it one step further, perhaps a reincarnation of this will NOT require adminserver or the ubroker framework at all)? I'm wondering, for example, if the java code that runs within the adapter could be hosted within a PASOE webapp of some kind? Maybe something like this would be the long-term direction? I'd appreciate any information about the future of this adapter. I'd like to think that Progress will continue to fully support and enhance the adapter. But if not then maybe I can hope that there is an alternative in mind that will arrive shortly. This adapter needs some TLC; but it feels like it is reaching the end of its road. The "classic" appserver gave me the same impression before it was finally deprecated in OE 12.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.