[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Bulk insert into OpenEdge database table

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

SQL Server has a network client API for inserting large numbers of rows in a single round trip to the database. (aka bulk insert). Is there any capability in OpenEdge for something like this? (I'm looking for something that exists either on the ABL *or* pn the SQL92 side of things) Bulk deletes are possible via a delete statement in SQL92. But I'm not certain how I can accomplish bulk inserts. The best I've ever been able to do is use ABL but I think that is doing about 3 round trips over the network for every record that is created. The performance of that will hit a limit at around ~2000 records per second. Ideally a bulk delete and insert could be performed within a single transaction. But that isn't strictly necessary for my current use-case. I don't mind separate transactions if they are fast. I see that there is a Progress DataDirect driver that supports bulk load, but it doesn't seem that this driver supports the Progress database. Progress® DataDirect® Progress® DataDirect® Any pointers would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.