new to progress.....

rob1

Hi all, im new to progress and after working with out case management systems for 5+ years now. I feel its time i actually learnt out to work the back end stuff ! Our case management system, visual files(now part of lexis nexis) runs on the progress database and is linked online via webspeed.

Now im interested in learn more about the admin functionality to begin with but not really sure where to start, I cant seem to find any training courses for progress in the UK which makes our support fees that much higher as it seems like its a very controlled market with not many people working in the progress area.

I would like to try and do simple things to being with such as backup/restore DB, setup progress DB on a server, etc etc

Later maybe using it as a DB for apps ??? My friends have said it would be a waste of time as I could just use some thing like mysql for free, are there any good benefits of using progress, possibly licensing ?

Will be interested in any comments or suggestions anyone can provide me with :D

AlanW3010

Hi,

We have a huge range of training classes and consulting offerings available. Check out our web site at www.wss.com.

Give me a call at any time. We can discuss tailoring classes to your exact requirements.

Regards,

Alan