loading data from Oracle to Progress

phani_nzuv

Hi,

I have an ETL tool which has been developed in .NET and it has Oracle as the backend. I need to move data from Oracle to Progress databse. Will Oracle SQL queries/procs be able to load the data into Progress database? Our idea is that the tool should have the capability to load data into Progress database, which is the target.

One way I have thought about is, to export data from Oracle to csv and then write ABL procedures to load data from csv to Progress. But that will mean that loading into Progress needs to be handled separately.

Any suggestions in this regard will be of great help.

Regards,
nzuv

vinod_home

You have a few options.
1. Pull data from Progress side
2. Push data from Oracle side
3. Use export/import to flat files

Option 1: create a dataserver connection from progress to oracle database. You would have to grant permissions on the oracle tables on the oracle side based on the progress documentation
Option 2: create an odbc connection from oracle to progress. You would have to grant select privileges to the odbc user on the progress database side
Option 3: You just need two programs. One that dumps data in the required format on the oracle side, one that read into progress database.

HTH