List of program run in batch mode

Jelbin

Dear All,

I need to extract the list of program which run in batch mode in my application. How can I write a small query using progress 4GL to achieve this task.
Anyone can please help me on this.

Regards,
JKB.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
First off, I don't think you're going to write a query to do this, unless your application already writes information about run and publish statements, method and function invocations, etc. to a table.

Also, maybe a minor point: individual programs don't run in batch mode; ABL clients do. So if you wanted a list of all code run by batch-mode clients, you would first have to ensure you enumerate all of them and know how they are invoked.

Do you want a list of the programs/routines run by one or more batch-mode clients? You could look at the Log Manager's 4GLTrace log entry type. This is documented in the Debugging and Troubleshooting manual (and here: https://docs.progress.com/bundle/openedge-abl-troubleshoot-applications/page/ABL-trace-logging.html). It can be invoked programmatically or via a client startup parameter. It will write to the client log, which you will then have to parse.

Ashwani Mishra

You will find the same trace parameters in above shared linked.

Just to make it handy add below in batch startup pf file (make sure you do this Dev / test environment). As trace log files grow faster.
Use below in .pf file

-clientlog c:\temp\4gltrace.log
-logginglevel 4
-logentrytypes DB.Connects,4GLMessages,4GLTrans,4GLTrace

Turn it off once you get the trace file and parse it to get the list of programs. In program you can achieve the same with LOG-MANAGER.