Resolved Is there a limit to number of Calculated fields on a SDO?

ezequiel

The thing is I have a SDO with 2 calculated fields, both of them use user-functions from the SDO.

Now I created a third function. I create the calculated field just like the others. SDO saved and compiled without error messages.

Also its SBO, the associated smartbrowse, the smartwindow.

And then the browse doesn't work Ok. It looks like in the attached image.

I can´t even add this SDO field in the browse.

What can be happening? Is there a limit to number of calculated fields on a sdo? (I don't think so, but...)

We use Progress 9.1C, Windows XP and 7 workstations, Windows 2003 server.

error-corregir-ocr.jpg

Last edited:

RealHeavyDude

It's been a very, very, very long time since I have done something in adm2 - so please bear with me.

As far as I remember a SDB looks like that if the data link is missing. Since you mentioned SBO, I'll take it that you use the SDO in a Smart Business Object. I can only speculate but I think that, since the data signature of your SDO has changed, you would need to re-link it in the SBO. I don't think it has something to do with the calculated field itself. But that is just speculation.

What happens if you use the SDO directly with the SDB?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

ezequiel

That's right, I forgot to mention the SBO.

Your comment about the data link made us remember a slight detail. This program is copied and modified from another one, and so are the sdo, the sbo and the sdb.

Sometimes happens that the sdb doesn't update the sdo, and keeps pointing to the original one. The solution, you surely know, is edit the browse using the procedure editor, changing the old sdo .i with the new one.

Now the programs works, thanks for the clue!