How can I know which OCX files were used in one program?

rrojo7229

Dear,

How can I know in the Progress Development Enviroment (Application Builder) which OCX files were used in one application?

I know that I can get this information into "regsvr", but that one will give information in the whole computer,I would like to know just in a specific program.

Thanks,
Regards,
Ricardo Olguin

RKR

Dear,

How can I know in the Progress Development Enviroment (Application Builder) which OCX files were used in one application?

I know that I can get this information into "regsvr", but that one will give information in the whole computer,I would like to know just in a specific program.

Thanks,
Regards,
Ricardo Olguin

For each window (.w) that contains one or more OCX files the appbuilder generates a .wrx file. For instance if your window is named wmain.w and it contains an OCX then there should also be a wmain.wrx file. When you open this WRX file in Notepad you can find the UUID of the ocx. ie '8BD21D10-EC42-11CE-9E0D-00AA006002F3'

You can use this UUID to search the windows registry (regedit) for the OCX file.

Do not save the wrx file when you have opened it, because it is a binary and it will become unreadable if you save it :awink:

Some OCX files are in a library. ie Microsoft toolbar control, treeview control, listview control etc. They are all located in <windowsdir>\system32\mscomctl.ocx.

doreynie

You can also check the control-load section in the appbuilder generated *.w file.

There you have the physical name of the ocx, the *.w is looking for to get started up.

RKR

You can also check the control-load section in the appbuilder generated *.w file.

There you have the physical name of the ocx, the *.w is looking for to get started up.

The control-load section only gives you the name of the AppBuilder generated wrx file. This is not the physical name of the OCX.

lloydt

I don't know if this is a universal solution, but at the apps I'm looking at here, OE 10.1B, there is a procedure adm-create-controls which lists the guid for the registry and also gives the type of control, it is commented out within the procedure, all generated by appbuilder I assume. This particular program uses the PSTimer ocx.

PROCEDURE adm-create-controls:
CtrlFrame:NAME = "CtrlFrame":U .
/* CtrlFrame OCXINFO:CREATE-CONTROL from: {F0B88A90-F5DA-11CF-B545-0020AF6ED35A} type: PSTimer */

END PROCEDURE.

regards

RKR

I don't know if this is a universal solution, but at the apps I'm looking at here, OE 10.1B, there is a procedure adm-create-controls which lists the guid for the registry and also gives the type of control, it is commented out within the procedure, all generated by appbuilder I assume. This particular program uses the PSTimer ocx.

PROCEDURE adm-create-controls:
CtrlFrame:NAME = "CtrlFrame":U .
/* CtrlFrame OCXINFO:CREATE-CONTROL from: {F0B88A90-F5DA-11CF-B545-0020AF6ED35A} type: PSTimer */

END PROCEDURE.

regards

This only applies to real ocx files, (ocx extensions) For ActiveX dll's still need to look in the wrx file.