Forum Post: RE: Rollbase problem with PK in OpenEdge External Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diegocan

Hi Jean, I am having the same problem and I noticed there is no response to this. I am not sure the answer is correct as I can see no way to change the SQL that creates the join in (Click on object-- Select Object Definition-- More Actions-- Adjust SQL Queries). I could be wrong as I am new to rollbase. I created a reproducible case with the sports2000 database in an effort to get an answer. Here are the steps. 1. Create a sports2000 db and incorporate the rollbase tables into the public schema. 2. Create a new app sports2000. 3. Create an object based on the external table salesrep (this will be the parent table). 4. Remove the salesrep index from the customer table. 5. Create an object based on the external table customer. Select the customer.salesrep field as a foreign field, relate it to the salesrep.salesrep. 6. Change the default list view for the customer to display cust.custnum cust.name & cust.salesrep 7. Bring up the application view for the customer and you get the error under the customer.salesep column. I can supply a backup of the sports2000 that illustrates this. Thanks, Diego.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.