Forum Post: RE: prostrct list

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sseney

You're right, I guess I never noticed that it did overwrite the .st file before. In our case, it's not a problem, but I learned something new. I just tested it with copy of the sports DB I had for testing. Thanks for pointing this out. Steph From: Vinko Buzak [mailto:bounce-vbuzak@community.progress.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:21 AM To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com Subject: RE: prostrct list RE: prostrct list Reply by Vinko Buzak Even if you redirect the output, prostrct list will still overwrite .st file. I suggest you have 3 lines in your script: - Copy current st file to st.old - prostrct list dbname dbname-st.out - Copy st.old to dbname.st From: sseney [mailto:bounce-sseney@community.progress.com] Sent: Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:09 a.m. To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com Subject: RE: prostrct list RE: prostrct list Reply by sseney We're not on OE 11 yet, but when I don't want to overwrite a .st file - I used the command and recdirect the output to a different file name. We're on Unix: prostrct list dbname filename.txt From: a.noteboom [ mailto:bounce-anoteboom@community.progress.com ] Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:58 AM To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com Subject: prostrct list prostrct list Thread created by a.noteboom "prostrct list dbname" overwrites the dbname.st file Is there commandline to get a list of all the area's in the database without overwriting the current structurefile? i want to know from a script if the aifiles needed for activating afterimaging are already present in the database, and i don't want to change the stfile present. Is that possible? (11.3.2) Stop receiving emails on this subject. Flag this post as spam/abuse. Stop receiving emails on this subject. Flag this post as spam/abuse. Stop receiving emails on this subject. Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.