[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: How to - AI recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goo

11.7.4 Trying to understand how the AI works. This is testing, if I delete all AI files, how to I build them again? Trying to understand this Kbase 46256 It seems that I have to do a prostrct builddb ...... Is it so that I need to get all the .ai files back before doing anyting? I assumed I could rebuild the .ai files and ENABLE the AI again? Feel a bit confused... ********************** RECOVERY: 3. Remove the ai file references from the dbname.st file lines starting "a " $ vi dbname.st 4. Remove the dummy ai files on disk previously created $ rm dbname.a* Although this methodology was never supported, in OpenEdge 10.0B and previous versions, it was possible to run PROSTRCT REMOVE against After Image files which did not exist. In OpenEdge 10.1A it's no longer possible to do this so "PROSTRCT builddb" with an up-to-date copy of the .st file needs to be used to recreate the database Control Area, which can also be used in earlier versions. Do not list the After Image files that have already been removed in the modified .st file, but be sure to include all other database extents and their full paths. $ mv dbname.db REN_dbname.db $ prostrct builddb dbname dbname.st View dbname.st to see ai files are no longer present but all others are $ prostrct list dbname RENABLE AI : 5. Truncate the bi file $ proutil dbname -C truncate bi 6. Add the required AI extents $ prostrct add dbname dbname_ai.st Where the st text file which contains only the ai file definitions (dbname_ai.st) # dbname_ai.st example a . f 512000 a . v 512000 a . 7. Enable After-Imaging, AI Management (and replication if needed according to site procedures.) $ rfutil dbname -C mark backedup $ rfutil dbname -C aimage begin $ rfutil dbname -C aiarchiver enable 8. Start the database and take an online PROBKUP $ proserve dbname [+params] $ probkup online dbname dbname_newbaseline.backu *****************************************************************************

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.