Forum Post: Automating Word In A Non Interactive Environment - Webspeed / App Server /...

• Thread starter christian.bryan@capita.co
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

christian.bryan@capita.co

HI A little tip for when using Word in a non interactive session, in my case a webspeed broker. I know Microsoft don't support it, blah blah, but sometimes its the only way and i have no choice until we can come up with an alternative document production solution. My problem was that Word (Office 2010 32Bit) hung when trying to open a document - see attached sample program. Anyway i tried all the usual things: Running webspeed as a domain account and initialising word by logging in as this account Turning off chWordApp:Visible = FALSE /* Webspeed */ chWordApp:ScreenUpdating = FALSE chWordApp:DisplayAlerts Using the OpenNoRepairDialog() method. But the solution in this case was the creation of the following directory: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Desktop See article - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/545dd81f-e80a-48b0-89a1-dafcd72e269d/word-automation-through-windows-service-windows-server-2008-problem?forum=netfx64bit Hope this helps someone. This

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.