[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: I need a basic understanding of how to to include progress files into .html (Webspeed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goo

I have been working with many approaches within webspeed, and for me was the most flexible to call webspeed for data using ajax. By splitting between HTML/css/JavaScript and Progress made it easier to understand, less messy and a lot more easy to split the work between coworkers. Do NOT try mapping, and SpeedScript is ok, but you end up with code difficulty to read. The Ajax approach is also much more up to date coding. Geir Otto Sendt fra min iPad 22. jul. 2019 kl. 15:20 skrev 10016759 : Update from Progress Community 10016759 Working on my first Webspeed project and created a printable form. I've compiled it using webspeed webtools compiler without errors, and it runs fine, Currently, I don't have a single line of webspeed code within my html file, but now I want to be able to include a progress .i file near my tag like this: cAcctEmail " --> And then in my email.html file it would look like this: We are running OpenEdge Explorer 11.6, but I can't be sure what webspeed version we have. Bottom line is I can't get this to compile and based on the document I have read here OpenEdge 11.7 Documentation I think I am including the file correctly. Frankly, the documentation looks a little backwords to me... Why would you want to define a progress variable in the index.html file and set it in the included file? I'm doing it the other way around, but without success. If I get this working, where I am able to include a file with a progress "initialized" variable into my html, if that html file say it hyperlinks to another html file... Will I be able to share or reference those progress variables in the other html file? Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. View online You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum. To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here . Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.