Difference between 9.1 D and 9.1 E versions

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
If you are considering a move from 9.1D, why not move to a release that is current, supported, performant, and receiving bug fixes? In other words, 10.2B or 11.0.

Is there a reason why you feel you need to stay on 9.x?

durgaprasad1538

hi ROB,
I am new to progress DBA.presently we are using 9.1 E version.That's why i want to know difference between 9.1 d and 9.1 E versions?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
9.1d is even older, more obsolete and completely unsupported.

Going backwards is crazy. Why would you do that? (I see that you're also wanting to migrate to an old version of Oracle...)

It has been close to 10 years so memory is dim but there were some fairly important bug fixes and some performance improvements too.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
If you are new to Progress and want to learn, your first stop is the product documentation. If you don't have the documentation that came with the media you can download it here: Progress 9.1E and WebSpeed 3.1E Documentation Overview

Navigate to the Getting Started collection and read the 9.1E Product Update Bulletin.

Description:
This bulletin provides a brief description of the new and modified features of Progress® Version 9.1, including Version 9.1E. It guides you to where you can find more detailed information on the changes in the documentation set.

If you are new to the database, navigate to the Database collection and read the manuals there.

And to echo Tom, ask yourself if you really want to be using old, obsolete database software (from any vendor). It won't make your life easy, and won't prepare you for the future.