Command to start/Restart Webspeed

tsc

Hello, I'm new to Progress and need some assistance.

OpenEdge Release 10.1A0234
Windows2003

Webspeed: When the windows Servers are re-booted for patches, webspeed will not re-start.

1) My understanding is this is a bug. Has this been fix and if so which release?

2) Work-around: I can do an online backup of the database, but to verify it is seems to require the databases be stopped. (Verify before truncate).
Seems once the databases are stopped webspeed needs to be restarted. What command can I issue to restart webspeed from the command line or Powershell?

Thanx
Sean

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure if I understand you correctly because it seems like you are mixing a lot of questions.

First your main question:
stop and start webspeed:
wtbman -name <servicename> -<stop/start/query>

next: verifying online backup: prorest dbname backupfile -vp

and truncate bi isn't neccesary when you stop the database.

the bug you are talking about might have to do with some timing issue when you autostart everything. Maybe the db isn't up (yet) when webspeed is started. You should be given more information in the logfiles. (webspeed and db log files).

Casper.

tsc

Thanks Casper - That was the command I was looking for!

Yes, I believe the database is taking a long time to start and webspeed gives-up before the db is started. If I use the truncate command before scheduled outages (windows patches), then it shortens the startup time for the database and wedspeed will start when the server is rebooted.

Thanks Again
Sean