Code page conversion table <> was not found in convmap.cp. (6063)”

gmdurga

Hi ,

In our application we are facing the error (6063) -
The code page conversion table was not found in the file designated by the -convmap parameter.

What may be the root cause for this ..

Can anyone help me in solving this problem.

Thanks in advance.

bugeye

If this happens when u start progress check for -cp* parameters (exmaple -cpstream, -cpterm)

when it happens while a progrm runs check the code for input/output from/trough or import commands with the convert option.

remove the convert option/ -cp* param or supply a vaild codepage to remove the error.

valid codepages that might be usefull:
iso8859-1
iso8859-15
1252 (Windows)
ibm850
utf-8

gmdurga

Hi,

Thanks for your response bugeye.

Actually our application runs in UNIX environment.

Where we can find the convmap.cp. Because the error is like this "Code page conversion table for 1250 to ISO8859-1 was not found in convmap.cp. (6063)”

bugeye

The convmap.cp file is located in the progress installation directory ($DLC).

Regarding your Problem i would guess that replacing "1250" with "1252" should be the solution.

bugeye

hi ,

But you told the 1252 is only for windows.. our application in UNIX. How is it possible..

1250 and 1252 are windows codepages, so your app already try's to convert windows to unix.

You posted an error message that says cannot convert from 1250 to iso8859-1. Since 1250 and 1252 are nearly identical and conversion between iso8859-1 and 1252 works, i just guessed that this will work for you.

Conversion of windows codepage to UNIX might be usefull when importing files created with windows.

For additional or more detailed help i would need to know why your app does the conversion (whats the goal behind it)

gmdurga

Hi,

we are using same codebase and database, in different envirnment. so depends on the environment the corresponding codepage is used..
In the environment 1250, the error is coming as "cannot convert from 1250 to iso8859-1"..

bugeye

Hi,

we are using same codebase and database, in different envirnment. so depends on the environment the corresponding codepage is used..
In the environment 1250, the error is coming as "cannot convert from 1250 to iso8859-1"..

It's not possible to convert 1250 to iso8859-1 as 1250 contains characters that are not available in iso8859-1.
You should read the "Progress Internationalization Guide" (Progress Dokumentation).
If u have an multilingual environment i would suggest to use utf-8 for the database and start the clients with appropriate codepages for their systems.

gmdurga

It's not possible to convert 1250 to iso8859-1 as 1250 contains characters that are not available in iso8859-1.
You should read the "Progress Internationalization Guide" (Progress Dokumentation).
If u have an multilingual environment i would suggest to use utf-8 for the database and start the clients with appropriate codepages for their systems.

Ok...Thank you very much for your response...... will try