Can I override Validations in the dictionary??

DGARD

Hi

I have a database containing validationcode both for the table and for some fiealds in the tables.

Im writing a program for dumping/loading the data in the tables for one of our applications. But in order to get it to work properly I have to options: Either I will load/dump the tables in the "correct" order so the it won´t fail on the validations or if its possible I would like to override the validations.

So my question is if you can override validations in the dictionary. Thats both the validations per table and for separete fields in a table.

Im using Progress 83C.
TIA

Per Nergård

DGARD

Thanks for the quick answer, but it didn't work. The validation code can be something like this:

not(can-find(first S-LST where S-Lst.DevKod = S-DEV.DevKod)).

And its not a trigger. Its entered under the validation button under table/field properties.

I haven't tried this, but it might work

Store the _file._valexp and _field._valexp fields in a temp table and set them to null on the meta-schema.

Perform your upload.

Use the temp table to repopulate the _valexp fields.

You could also find the person who put cross table validation in the meta-shema and explain to them in a very relaxed and informal manner why it's such a bad idea.