Button Within A Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephen Kennedy

I'm a progress newbie, Below is my current code, with tableNames and fieldnames change to protect the innocent. I want to loop through records in a db, and within that loop include a button, so that while looping through each record one by one if someone wants to change something they can. I have the below code looping through the records fine (without the button element included below) and I have the button element working fine in a separate buffer but when I bring the button into the loop the loop runs fine, but stops after the first button. When I try to continue the button code runs. I want to include a button but it only runs the procedure if it is clicked. If I remove the line 'WAIT-FOR WINDOW-CLOSE OF CURRENT-WINDOW.' the loop continues as I would want and the button appears, however the button is rendered unclickable. Any help apprecaited.

define variable cInsertCompany as character format "x(50)" label "Enter the company name:" no-undo.
define variable cCompanyName as character format "x(50)".
prompt-for cInsertCompany.
assign cCompanyName = input cInsertCompany.

for each tableName where client = 'tgl',
each otherTableName where tableName.ref = otherTableName.ref and TableName.name matches '*' + cCompanyName + '*':
display
tablename.nrname
tablename.otherfield.

DEFINE BUTTON bUpdate LABEL "Update".
DEFINE FRAME btn-frame WITH SIZE 10 BY 2.
ENABLE bUpdate WITH FRAME btn-frame.

ON CHOOSE OF bUpdate DO:
RUN btn-mess.
END.

VIEW FRAME btn-frame.

WAIT-FOR WINDOW-CLOSE OF CURRENT-WINDOW.

PROCEDURE btn-mess.
MESSAGE "Hello" SKIP "You have selected the new button"
VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX INFO BUTTONS OK.
END PROCEDURE.

end.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.