VIEW FRAME X.
        ASSIGN
            FRAME X:X      = 0
            FRAME X:Y      = 0
            FRAME X:WIDTH  = 0
            FRAME X:HEIGHT = 0
        HIDE FRAME X.

DELETE OBJECT FRAME X:HANDLE NO-ERROR.

Ex: Let's say i have a program, where i click a button and i run this code. It displays a frame (temporarily) in FRONT of the original program (the one with the button). Is there anyway to make that frame visible BEHIND the original program?

Thank you.
JP

Last edited:

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
A dialog is, as far as I remember, always modal. In other words it blocks the parent frame, and is also, by definition parented to the parent frame. Having it pop behind (and therefore not clickable or visible) makes no sense to me at all. What is your use-case?

patelspam

A dialog is, as far as I remember, always modal. In other words it blocks the parent frame, and is also, by definition parented to the parent frame. Having it pop behind (and therefore not clickable or visible) makes no sense to me at all. What is your use-case?
Hi there!
I'm using a type of .net object (Telerik winforms) and it seems to have some bugs that only happen when used with progress based applications. Since the support really can't help much since they only support in several languages EXCEPT progress 4gl then i must "fix" it. I already fixed several of them because of the same reason, but in this case i only seem be able to workaround it.
The problem is, when i right-click in a browse look-a-like object, it doesn't focus the contextmenu/popup-menu WHEN the data displayed is high(like 10k records). I debugged it and tried several solutions and i came to the conclusion that the cell itself is losing focus. Meaning, right-click and left-click don't detect and select the cell the same way. I managed to workaround it by opening a window and closing right after making it re-focus the original program, and therefore focusing the cell itself (like it was a left-click and not a right-click) and then it works just fine. The only downside is that a small window appears and disappears in miliseconds (it can be quite annoying if you're 2 picky).
I already tried several solutions, like refocusing and forcing the focus on the cell, or even left-clicking the cell (by code) AFTER right-clicking it (by hand/mouse) but nothing seems to work.

I'll try any idea you have, since I don't have any left...
If i can't find a solution then the workaround will be the "solution". My colleagues and clients don't seem to care about the window poping up but i like to keep things neat and logical, that's why I'm asking for help :D

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
You might start by asking yourself whether 10K records in a browse is actually the best user interface.

patelspam

You might start by asking yourself whether 10K records in a browse is actually the best user interface.
It would be the client call, not mine. This 'bug' can also be achieved in a slow server/pc with around 100 records. In a fast computer (like mine) works as intended. But if I load 10k records (also in a fast computer) then I can replicate it.