Question webspeed logging

progress v10.2B on redhat Linux

the directory that our webspeed logfiles gets written to was deleted at some point after the broker was (re)started.
The webspeed brokers still appear to be functioning properly, so either the brokers can continue to function in this situation or I'm simply unable to find the logfiles elsewhere on the box (I don't know - maybe Progress uses a temporary file somewhere else). I'm assuming that the webspeed brokers can continue to function even when the directories specified in the ubroker file are absent, but if someone knows different and the files are being written to some temporary file location elsewhere, where is that ?

Regards,

DG..

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
UNIX files are not actually deleted until the last process that has them open closes them. This is, for instance, how "invisible" temp files are created.

Once you shut down webspeed the logs will be really and truly deleted. New log files will be recreated on restart (you will have to first recreate the needed directory).

While webpeed is still running the files will continue to grow and potentially consume disk space.

You can use tools such as "lsof" and "fuser" to get information about open files -- including deleted open files.