[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Adminserver (OEE in particular) is not installed along with PASOE for production!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Oddly enough this didn't have the full effect I was looking for. I was able to get admin server installed by installing PDSOE and removing the license (as documented in the KB #86442). But no such luck for NameServer... I now get error messages saying I'm not licensed for Nameserver anymore... So it would appear that I lost my nameserver somewhere along the way. That is a pretty big problem because we (apparently) rely on that nameserver before we can enable messaging (ie. allow the use of [Adapter.sonicMQ1] in ubroker.properties). In short, PASOE is unable to use the JMS adapter or send messages to our Jboss AMQ Broker (IBM-RedHat). Fortunately there are two entries in my product list for OE 11.7.x that I haven't tried yet. See below. When I click on these, they immediately give me some "free" serial numbers and control numbers so I'm assuming I have rights to install these on a PASOE server: *) Progress OpenEdge JMS Adapter (listed as version 11.7.1) *) NameServer (listed as version 11.7) We are currently running 11.7.4 so I'm hoping that I can simply run the "license update utility" to add these into the PASOE server's license file. Hopefully I will eventually muddle my way to a solution. This stuff is not very intuitive. I wish the PASOE installer would have check boxes to include adminserver/OEE, nameserver, and the JMS adapter. Based on my experience a PASOE installation is incomplete until all these have been installed.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.