Report Builder Multi Site DB Connections

Karen Langlois

Has anyone ever overridden more than one database via the
aderb\_printrb( function using the rb-db-connection parameter?

The background on how we use Report Builder: Inititally our reports we created using one site, we are multi site, and from a GUI environment we pass an override database and other filter parameters based on users selections and which site the user is connected into for running reports. There are also some reports that connect internally within Report Builder to a global data base for customer address information. This is where the question arises, as we continue bringing on more divisions/sites we found it necessary to have multi global (symglbl) databases. The logical/physical/host/service name now slightly differ from the original global naming conventions and is necessary to keep separate. Hence, our need to pass more than one override database.

Here is the string we now pass a single db override:

SUBSTRING(cur-site, 4, 2, "character") = "FS".
ASSIGN RB-DB-CONNECTION = "B04DS = " + "-db " + cur-site + " -H kayrisc02 -S " + cur-site + " -N TCP".

Followed by the run statement:

RUN aderb\_printrb(
RB-REPORT-LIBRARY,
RB-REPORT-NAME,
RB-DB-CONNECTION,
"O",
RB-FILTER-VALUE,
"",
RB-PRINT-DESTINATION,
"",
"",
RB-OUTPUT-FILE,
no,
"",
yes,
yes,
no,
"").

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Karen Langlois
Business System Analyst III
Kaydon Corporation

bendaluz2

Try this

The delimiter for adding multiple database overrides is ~

so, try this:

ASSIGN RB-DB-CONNECTION = "B04DS = " + "-db " + cur-site + " -H kayrisc02 -S " + cur-site + " -N TCP" + "~" + "other database override".

I havent actually tried it with the procedure interface, but have with the table interface, and it works fine.

Hope it works for you
:)

bendaluz2

I suggest you convert to the table interface, I started out with the procedure interface too, but once i'd converted to the table interface I found it much more useful and adaptable.

Just my 0.02