query problem

binggoy

hi there everybody,
I'm currently working on a project using adm2, appserver. I'm doing a module, report, on the different pensioners. it involves two different tables (eg. T1 & T2). Then the window includes the ff:

Report selections:
Pls select mode for distribution ->combo-box(local pick-up, mailing, banking)

radio-button
*T1
*T2
*both T1 & T2

Group Report by: radio-button
*[branch with combo-box ->(list of branches avail)]
*[branch with combo-box ->(list of branches avail) &
combo-box ->(list of rank avail)]
*[no grouping]

Sort by: radio-button
*serial #
*T1 name
*T2 name

I've already made the program but I'm not satisfied with my codes because I think I've made it to long. I was thinking if I could use QUERY-PREPARE or some DYNAMIC QUERY of sort.

What I've made was a for each condition entered by the user, I've gathered data from appserver. For each condition again, I've made a different procedure to be able to come up with a result.
An example would be:

Report selections:
Pls select mode for distribution ->combo-box = local pick-up
radio-button
=T1
Group Report by: radio-button
*[branch with combo-box ->(branch1)]

Sort by: radio-button
*serial #
If you guys can picture it out I've had a very long coding for this program.... Its quite simple and basic but I think I've not been able to utilize some of the new features of PROGRESS, like DYNAMIC things and stuff... Since I've only been using PROGRESS for 2 yrs I would like to make my codings as simple as possible, to be able for others to understand it readily...
if you would like a copy of the program I could send it via E-MAIL... thanks for your help in advance ...

MANUEL