Question Progress 9.1E client install on win8.1 X64 error code 11002

Tuan Anh Nguyen

Question : I have servers run on windows 2003 with installed Progress 9.1E servers, all client computers is win32 XP Pro, now I just bought new Dell, X64 hardware and Win8.1 x64, I install Progress 9.1E client on this new computer, after installed completed, it put Progress in : C:\ Program Files (86)\Progress, in Progress.ini is same thing, in system environment ( I map server is drive c is P: for server ) set : Variable DLC and Value : Program Files (86)\Progress , Variable set : sosroot_rb40 and Value : P: , when run Prowin32.exe it give me error : The DLC enrironment variable must contain a valid directory path (11002) , I check all files nothing see wrong, may be Progress dont see Progress (86) . anyone can help me to make it work ? so I can connect to server ? Thank you very much for help

Last edited:

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I am shocked that you've managed to get this far. There is no way Progress 9.1E will ever be certified to run on Windows 8.1. Why would it? It's over a decade old, and obsolete. If you're going to the trouble of changing hardware why are you not modernising your Progress? If you can compile your source code you can run on any version (pretty much) and you will also benefit from massive improvements to performance and maintenance.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
If you really need to go this route, try reinstalling. Set the installer executable for XP compatibility mode and run as administrator. Avoid paths with spaces, like "c:\Program Files (x86)\Progress". Stick with something short and simple like "c:\dlc91e".

After uninstalling and before the reinstall, check the registry to make sure that there is nothing left in Progress keys like HKLM\Software\PSC and HKCU\Software\PSC. Search the KB for error number 11002 for more information.

Tuan Anh Nguyen

I am shocked that you've managed to get this far. There is no way Progress 9.1E will ever be certified to run on Windows 8.1. Why would it? It's over a decade old, and obsolete. If you're going to the trouble of changing hardware why are you not modernising your Progress? If you can compile your source code you can run on any version (pretty much) and you will also benefit from massive improvements to performance and maintenance.
Hi Cringer, Thank you very much for quick responding.
Tuan Anh

Tuan Anh Nguyen

If you really need to go this route, try reinstalling. Set the installer executable for XP compatibility mode and run as administrator. Avoid paths with spaces, like "c:\Program Files (x86)\Progress". Stick with something short and simple like "c:\dlc91e".

After uninstalling and before the reinstall, check the registry to make sure that there is nothing left in Progress keys like HKLM\Software\PSC and HKCU\Software\PSC. Search the KB for error number 11002 for more information.
Hello Rob, Thanks so much, I will try to re-install Progress 9.1E . Thanks again.
Tuan Anh