Need Help on QAD Menu Security

nate100

I need to check a menu item to see if a user or group has access to that menu item. If not, a message will show up saying that the user or usergroup does not have access to that menu item. I am using QAD eb2.1 SP 4. Is there a quick program that can do this. I need to feed into the program the userid or usergroup along with the menu number and have the program return if the user or group has access to that menu. Thank you.

MrMoo

Check out the mnd_det table it allows you to see who can run a menu (mnd_nbr, mnd_canrun). Might have to see which group an individual is in when comparing to this menu, check usr_mstr for the user you are searching for (usr_name) and their group (usr_group). Hope this helps a bit

nate100

Is there a QAD program or include file where we pass the menu info along with userid/user group and then the system spits out the results. There must be..

Thanks

MrMoo

If you're customizing a report and need the information from scratch why not just write the query on your own, should take you no time at all.