"mmc could not create snap-in" error on windows 7

lady_bug

Hi ,

i have a 10.1b version of open edge.. i installed it on a windows 7 OS
after installing . i tried to run the progress explorer and then the console open but it display an error "mmc could not create snap-in"...

please help...

FrancoisL

Progress Explorer does not work in Windows Vista , Windows 7 and windows 2008 . They created a new interface called OpenEdge Explorer wich is web based but more flaky to use.

It does not come built in with version 10.1B but i think you can download it has a add-on. It comes with version 10.2 .

lady_bug

but it does work at the office ... i dont really know why its working at the office but on my laptop its always cannot create snap in

RealHeavyDude

If you have a look at the product availability guide you will find out, depending on the version of Windows 7 you are using, which OpenEdge version is supported on it. AFAIK no plain 10.1B is supported on any Windows 7. Therefore, it might work on some machines, whereas it won't work on others - YMMV. Only if the installations of Windows 7 on your PC and on the PC you use at work would be identical, it should run on both of the machines or on none.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.