Export Data - Report

jenic

Hi,

I am trying to export data to excel .
Sample: export stream report "Total Number of Passenger" and also displaying its value correspondingly .
Is there a possibility to skip cell and display as shown below

"Total Number of Passengers" skip a cell and displaying value as 30

While using export stream report "" skips entire row,can you please suggest how to skip a cell.

rzr

My mistake.. sorry... ^ works only on import not the export.. for export try the below....

Code:
OUTPUT TO C:\Temp\Customer.CSV.

PUT UNFORMATTED "Cust-Num,Blank,Name,Blank,Blank,State" SKIP.

FOR EACH Customer NO-LOCK
    WHERE Customer.Cust-Num LE 10 :

EXPORT DELIMITER ","
        Customer.Cust-Num
        ""
        Customer.Name
        ""
        ""
        Customer.State.
END.
OUTPUT CLOSE.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Hi,

I am trying to export data to excel .
Sample: export stream report "Total Number of Passenger" and also displaying its value correspondingly .
Is there a possibility to skip cell and display as shown below

"Total Number of Passengers" skip a cell and displaying value as 30

While using export stream report "" skips entire row,can you please suggest how to skip a cell.

Are you trying to create a flat file that will be imported into Excel, or create an Excel workbook and populate it with data directly from the ABL?

if your OS is Windows, I think you can archive your wanted, just look into Excel OLE help, I also can give you demo code for it if need, but if your OS is Linux/Unix, it's diffcult to achieve.

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to learn how to export data to excel file either form .p or from BROWSE-WIDGET or likewise. i tried the above code with OUTPUT TO and with STREAMS as well and found unstructured representation of excel file.If we are able to create excel file like this then why we require COM-HANDLE, because they are difficult to digest for me.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards!
Rajat.