Working directory

ggabr

Hello there,

Use your PROPATH to set the paths and order where progress will look for your files when you call them.

Cheers.

pragadeesh

Hi Tom,

The following code snippet gives the expected result.
display file-info:full-pathname format "x(30)".

May I please know what is the exact purpose of the previous line. Why have u assigned "." (dot) to below hanlde.
file-info:file-name = ".".

Regards,
Pragadeesh.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Hi Tom,

The following code snippet gives the expected result.
display file-info:full-pathname format "x(30)".

May I please know what is the exact purpose of the previous line. Why have u assigned "." (dot) to below hanlde.

"." is the relative path to the current directory on all operating systems that Progress currently supports.

Mpowell is asking how the working directory is set, which is a different issue to the answers given above.

I haven't got access to my local KB at the mo, but there are directions in the online one which involve the registry and WinAPI calls (assuming Windows).

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I must need to get my eyes checked... I could of sworn the post asked how to get the current directory rather than how to set it! :eek:

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Nothing complicated about it ... it is just the directory in which the starting command is run.

Greetings,

Many thanks for your help. sdjensen was correct I was looking for the attribute PROPATH to be able to configure on-the-fly (dynamically) eg... = 'C:\PRG\,C:\WRKDIR\'
Many thanks talkers