Answered WINDOW-RESIZED-Trigger executes on program-start

Hi everybody,

OE12.5, Win 8,10

I have an ABL-Window which I embed into a .Net-Form. After making the ABL-Window visible, the Window-Resized-Event executes, although the size of the ABL-Window has not changed. I attached a small example to show the behaviour.

This is very strange and corrupts some of our programs. Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem ?

TIA, Wolf

Attachments

• Win-Resize.p
    3.2 KB · Views: 6

Osborne

I never knew window resized event fires like that but it does.

I thought the solution was to make the window insensitive and make it sensitive after it has been made visible but it then fires:

Code:
hWin:SENSITIVE = FALSE.
hWin:SENSITIVE = TRUE.

No idea how to solve this.

...I never knew window resized event fires like that but it does.

with plain ABL-windows it doesn't. Only when you embed the window in a Net-form.

might be a bug....

Funny thing is: if you display a message-box (something like 'MESSAGE "Hello World" VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX") AFTER hWin:VISIBLE, then the Window-Resized-Trigger does NOT fire ;)

Hello,
I think I solved it.
I moved of place "hWin:Visible" because while doing some research I found that when you create a Window and keep it not visible the AVM does not realized it. So when you make it visible at the end the AVM make it resized.
Progress Documentation

Tell me if it's ok.

Best Regards,

BobyIsProgress.

Attachments

• Win-Resize.p
    3.6 KB · Views: 6
Hello,
I think I solved it.
I moved of place "hWin:Visible" because while doing some research I found that when you create a Window and keep it not visible the AVM does not realized it. So when you make it visible at the end the AVM make it resized.
Progress Documentation

Tell me if it's ok.

Best Regards,

BobyIsProgress.
your solution works, because you display messages. Remove them and see what happens.

In my 2nd post I mentioned:
Funny thing is: if you display a message-box (something like 'MESSAGE "Hello World" VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX") AFTER hWin:VISIBLE, then the Window-Resized-Trigger does NOT fire

btw: when you remove your messages, Window-Resize executes even with hWin:VISIBLE = FALSE.