Web_cgiip_get_prog

VoxEcho

Hola

I am not a progress programmer, but I work with one - well actually, 3... And we've been having some problems with Webspeed which are returning the following error:

"Failure sending WEB_CGIIP_GET_PROG message"

I did a search on this term WEB_CGIIP_GET_PROG and was surprised that the only mention of it is in this group, and 20+ hits to a real estate sign site :\

Any who, I read through the previous thread on the topic and I don't think it applies; I say that because the problem we are having is intermittent... I get the sense that that thread was talking about something more continuous... though, the agent "dieing" sounds just about right. But what do I know? I really haven’t any understanding of progress outside of wishing we where not using it.... [Please forgive me if that is blasphemous]

Anyway, any help that may be given would be great!

-Echo

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Hola 2u2,

Any idea what version of Progress you are using, patch level?
(file $DLC/version ghives this information)
What OS are you on?

furthermore:
Is there a firewall between the database server and the agents and/or messenger?
Are they on the same machine or are then agents/messenger on a different machine then the database?

Casper.

VoxEcho

this is what i've been told

9.1D08 everywhere except for Web Server.

Web server has 9.1E

The messenger is on Web server.

The agents run on Backend server

The database is on another backend server.

There's no firewall between backend servers since they are both internal

Hola 2u2,

Any idea what version of Progress you are using, patch level?
(file $DLC/version ghives this information)
What OS are you on?

furthermore:
Is there a firewall between the database server and the agents and/or messenger?
Are they on the same machine or are then agents/messenger on a different machine then the database?

Casper.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Is the webserver running on IIS?
There are some issues reported regarding this error. Most of them have to do with the use of wsasp.dll.
So are you using IIS and wsasp.dll? (Do you call webspeed from ASP?).

If so go to Progress KB and look for "Failure sending WEB_CGIIP_GET_PROG"

Casper.

VoxEcho

Yes, we're using IIS and wsasp.dll. I will direct our lead Progress programmer to the progress KB (though, i suspect he's been there... um, that is, if i knew what it was in the first place)

Is the webserver running on IIS?
There are some issues reported regarding this error. Most of them have to do with the use of wsasp.dll.
So are you using IIS and wsasp.dll? (Do you call webspeed from ASP?).

If so go to Progress KB and look for "Failure sending WEB_CGIIP_GET_PROG"

Casper.