Answered Way of code

Hello Guyz,
I have to evolve on my way of programming. I'm working with the appbuilder on progress 10.2B05.
Until today I make a Window file (.w) and code GUI work and DB reading in the same program.
I know that it's more conventional to separate GUI interaction and DB interaction in different program. So on this method do you simply call procedur or you are making persistent procedure specific to the GUI program.

Best Regards,

BobyIsProgress

Hello

Are you going to use PASOE or Appserver classic?
This would be the logical step to take, you would then be able to progressively migrate your business logic to the appserverand even reuse it from other places, like a web app.
On the Appserver I use PLIPs (procedures librairies) and Managers (persistent procedures, launched at startup of the appserver session).
I reserve Managers for frequently used functions, (I also have client side managers, sometime calling the server side one if DB is required, by running a .p on the Appserver which acts as a proxy).
PLIPs can be launched the first time by the appserver the first time they are needed and stay (or not, to be decided by the developer) in memory.
Depending on the size of your application, and with the amount of memory we can have today, it can be an idea to keepo everything in memory.

Regards
JC

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. As of today no, we are limited by our ERP vendor. But in the future our vendor is willing to modernize the software and progress version and so PASOE will come naturally.
That is why I was thinking ahead of time by starting to develop our specific the right way.

Best Regards,

BobyIsProgress