*URGENT* Progress 8.3E Database dump and reload to get rid of errors and to optimize performance - Application Service Solutions

shaw22

Hi Tom,
reindexing done. Log file attached

Is there a way to get a listing of all tables and the number of records in each table?. I want to make sure I reloaded all table records by comparing the olddb to the newdb after reload

1659897682029.png

Attachments

• SERV-SOLUTION-DB-LOAD-LOG.txt
    69.8 KB · Views: 2

shaw22

Hi Tom,

See attached dbanalysis from olddb and the newdb. All record count matches except table _User. Do I need to export user table separate and import it ? (there is difference in blocks, size, %utilized - can I safely ignore that?

Also, can i now delete the tssr08.? in e:\solution and replace it with the newly created database.

bkuptssr.bi rename to tssr08.bi
bkuptssr.db rename to tssr08.db
bkuptssr.df rename to tssr08.df
bkuptssr.lg rename to tssr08.lg

1659900336388.png

Attachments

• SS-OLDDB.TXT
    46.9 KB · Views: 1
  • SS-NEWDB.TXT
    46.9 KB · Views: 2

shaw22

attached is the comparison. please review and comment

Attachments

• COMPARISON-IMPORT-OLD-VS-NEW-PROGRESS.docx
    156.5 KB · Views: 2

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Yes, you can safely ignore the differences in utilization etc. Those are an expected result of dumping and reloading.

Unfortunately you cannot binary dump _user. You should be able to do a dictionary dump of it though.

I wouldn’t delete the old db until I have thoroughly tested the application with the new one. And even then I would just do something like rename the directory and keep it around for a while - just in case something comes up…

shaw22

Thank You Rob.

Tom,
I have finished the dump and reload. Will let you know if there are any issues tomorrow once the office staff works on it
Thank You very much for your help!

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Recommendation is to document this process in detail, just in case you (or someone else) need to do this exercise again.

shaw22

Hi Tom, It still locks up. I am trying to figure out if there is a pattern - like in a particular customer or type of service. I will keep you posted